Friday, January 18, 2008

Southern Right Whales YouTube Clip

On the way past Hoby Beach this morning I was quite excited by the cleanish flat water - withdrawal symptoms taking their toll on me. I spoke to a Friend who was off to go fish (I was off to work!) He said lots of small Cape salmon - Geelbek running shallow in the bay near the point - from the old Flatrock Roadhouse to the point in 8 -12 m of water. Thermocline drive them in and massive shoals congregate in these conditions. Later I will pull out a clip and post it on that.

Today, however, I want to put a clip of a pair of Southern Right Whales - I took this back in Sept 04 at Lorries Bay near Seaview. First attempt was a failure they swam too fast for me so next attempt I got in way down from them and waited for them to come to me in the water - thus not violating the law regarding approaching whales - they came t me not vice versa.



Next week I will post some pics of the growth on the Coega Harbour Wall - it is amazing to see how fast the growth happens.

Enjoy your dives.

No comments: