Thursday, July 31, 2008

Online Spearfishing Competition Update - Prizes

I set up a web page on www.freedive.co.za/onlineopen.htm

You can see the related info on it - I will run it from there - i.e. pics will be available as they come in during September as well as some links of interest are there - not all active yet - for now I made the record percent personal scoreboard available for anyone to download and apply - it's my own list of personal bests which you can easily alter for yourself and get a score as shown.

Shane of Freedivers has generously offered a pair of Freedivers Fins and a speargun as prizes that can be added to my mentorship program, correspondence course and my divebook on CD.

This way we have some categories and scope for various prizes.

I am typing out an information sheet that will be sent to relevant mailing lists soon.

Please help spread the word aftetr all it is for our Springbok team.

4 comments:

Eckart Benkenstein said...

another thought for the photos of the fish during the competition. You've got to find a way in which the date of the photo can be established, otherwise contestants can send in photos of any big fish they shot at any time; there is a date setting on your camera that you can switch on, which could help verify the date, perhaps you can think of another way?
Congratulations, I think it's going to be amazing. Can't wait for September!
Eckart

Gletwyn Rubidge said...

I have it sorted out - two methods that will be publicised just before comp begins.

Tony Elvin-Jensen said...

Excellent, guys! Just one comment, how about rather weighing fish whole?
Cheers,
Tony

Gletwyn Rubidge said...

I did think of weighinfg teh fish whole but often people gut fish before getting to a scale and must then still dispose of the gilles and guts.