Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Video clip of a shoal of musselcracker in Coega harbour wall, Port Elizabeth, South Africa

I descend about 6 m into the east Coega harbour wall camera rolling - it's mounted on my 1 meter Freeedivers reel gun. TI have to use the mounted camera because the surge is rather harsh as the waves wash into the structure, viz about 4 -6 m. It's and art to avoid collisions and hunt at the same time. I enter a cavity I meeting a shoal of musselcracker there, about 3-7kg fish. I am in no rush to shoot and wait for a bigger one... 






Ja well as you saw I waited too long - if I shot quick I could have had a better one of about 7kgs. Only the one smaller fish returned.

A few dives earlier I took a shad of about 1.5 kgs - it made excellent sashimi - we even had some for breakfast today.

4 comments:

Eckart said...

can you post some pics of how you mounted your camera to your speargun?
Thanks

हरीश सिंह said...

hi, i,m Harish singh From.. Carpet city Bhadohi India, Plese welcome my blog...
www.upkhabar.in/

Anonymous said...

nice footage dude. you rolling with a gopro?

The Septic Tank Blog said...

I have really enjoyed your site. Keep up the good work