Thursday, June 23, 2011

Video - getting ultra-close to the musselcracker

A while back I promised another clip of getting real close to the target - in this clip I do just that on a sneaky specie - getting the fish to come close just requires a series of carefully applied actions that pull it in - my advanced spearfishing course on CD covers that in detail. Note that in this hunt the spear only goes about 2/3-3/4 of the way out the 1 m gun and I have the fish.

Now let's go down in the sea:
I drop down about 7 m into the harbour wall at Coega, Port Elizabeth. I am in a maze of concrete. My gun-mounted camera is looking down the barrel of my 1 m Freedivers speargun
On entering a channel I see a musselcracker move off, I settle down and wait... it turns back for another look and I get out of it's line sight - it comes...

No comments: