Tuesday, October 4, 2011

How will you fare with spearfishing this season? Part 9 of 9

In the last post I altered Piet van Rooyen's equation by raising the whole righthand side to the power of m, for mindset.
Mindset is made up of desire x passion to excell + strategy x leverage factor.


S = (A + B x C + D + E + F + G)m


The other strategy and leverage factors are worth discussion. Strategy is the plan to achieve the success.

Let me ask you this:

Do you strategise for success before going on a dive or do you charge out there and dive expecting/hoping for some fish?

My dives involve a prediction, then spot dives to test water quality then the original plan is "approved" and followed; or rejected/adapted according to what I find.

I read an article a few years back comparing millionaires and billionaires in the US.
How do they differ?

The billionaires reviewed their goals[and strategy] twice a day while the millionaires did so once a day.

So in a days spearfishing would it not be worth your while reviewing your objective and strategy in relation to outside factors(wind, swell, competitors, nature of prey, sharks, viz, thermocline, boat, fuel reserves...etc.) as well as internal factors such as your energy levels??

Leverage factors are catalysts for success. It's like diving off a boat as against no boat - there are more options.

It is also using technology to aid you - charts, GPS, geological information. Add to that record keeping and predicting success (using stats) from past failures and good days.

The internet is also leveraged - use GoogleEarth to check viz, catch poachers, get an hour extra divetime by paying bills by electronic fund transfer etc.

How about me being able shoot a fish, film it and show my brother in the US the whole thing just after I get home from my dive - that's leverage!

What about timing the thermocline just right and using that narrow, but supremely effective window of opportunity. e.g. I could get as much fish in 1 hour of a well planned dive as in 2 days of randomly planned diving.
My mentorship students get an insider look at the mindset for success and leverage factors and their application for success. In the online program I dissect each leverage point and show how I use it.
I hope I made it clear how the m-factor can increase your success in any field you just find out the facts that influence success, the leverage points and you might as well delete the words failure and impossible from your dictionary.

One of the assignments I give my mentorship students to do is to memorize the equation.

S = (A + B x C + D + E + F + G)m    
Did you find these nine posts usefull?

:




What do these terms represent to YOUR spearfishing??

How can you build each one up?




A= ?






B= ?






C= ?






D=?






E=?






F=?






G=?


m = ?



2 comments:

kopi tribulus said...

I read your blog when I was in Quebec. I bookmarked your site and read your post again when I reached CA after I purchased my new ed online computer. The site is excellent and looks the best in new!

carlos said...

please support my blog ,i would love to hear and share your spearfishing stories.
http://spearhead305.blogspot.com/