Monday, August 27, 2012

Zephyr dives again and cool phone app

Took my son, Zephur, for a dive - he got 4 fishes (small) - 1 mullet, 2 butter fish and his first zebra. We 4got a floatline so I put a butterfish under my spare belt on the rock but lost it to a gull - luckily Zeph never had a gun or we would have had a dead gull too.

I plan to get him onto CO2 /O2 tables to jack up his holds as he is looking rushed.

I found a cool application for my phone - it is a heart rate monitor that one can down load (called instant heart rate at Azumio .com) - there are plenty free ones -  you can monitor your heart rate (Beat by Beat) during dry apneas. The system uses your camera and torch/flash - the light shines into your finger and the reflected red light changes with each heartbeat so the camera can sense the reflective changes with each heartbeat.

2 comments:

yüksel önder said...

Thank you

Roman from SpearoBlog.com said...

Hello Gletwyn, great job on the blog. I checked out the heart rate monitor app. I like to use iApnea to train out of the water static holds.

Thanks again. I'm looking forward to your next post.